Saturday, June 23, 2007

Blue Tubs, Cherries and Goodbyes

The days are dwindling and I'm almost ready to go. My life for the last week has revolved around two blue plastic tubs pictured below. Many of my belonging have to fit inside, both for me and my classroom. Not an easy task, but a great chance to learn to live with less. I keep telling myself that many people in the country I'm moving to probably wouldn't own enough to even fill two tubs that size. I am rich beyond measure.


This week I also got to take a break from packing and showed a movie about the country I'm going to to some friends. The Matteo kids and Hannah helped me make snacks and we had a fun evening together. Here's some pictures.



This has also been a week of goodbyes. I'm leaving for two weeks of training in Mississippi along with all the other new teachers in my organization. So some of my friends thought that it was high time for some crochet and cherry pit spitting contests before the summer gets away from us.

+chrries.jpg">



No comments: