Monday, August 6, 2007

Arrival at Final Destination

The last leg of my trip is finally at an end and here I am walking dusty streets and trying to make sense of a new culture. I've been able to get out a little, visiting some nearby stores and the bakery too! I've also enjoyed meeting the staff here and experimenting with the language. I'm trying to learn a new phrase or word each day. My home here is beautiful! It is so nice to have a comfortable place to go to in the chaos of this city. And also from the choas of my classroom, which I will begin trying to organize starting tomorrow. I’ve included some pictures of the school and my house, along with a picture of the sunset my first evening here, taken from our roof.

My bedroom, in what they call here "The Marble Mansion". There are six of us living here. I have a nice patio and view out the back window. (Check out the crazy light fixture!)




The building for grades 3-6 and my future classroom:




Our roof is great! Its often nice and cool up there in the evenings and provides a great view of the city:

No comments: